Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation will work with several key stakeholders to conduct a community-driven SRHR services campaign aimed at reducing incidences of child marriage and teenage pregnancies in Adjumani, Nebbi, Pakwach, and Zombo districts.
Purpose of the Event
To generate community-driven demand to prevent child marriages and teenage pregnancies through creating access to appropriate and information-friendly SRHR services to adolescent girls.
Objective(s) of the activity/trip
- To generate a lasting demand driven CAYs friendly message/music for SRHR service utilization and access.
- To strengthen the delivery of quality SRHR services, information and education for adolescents and young people in the targeted districts To harness a collective voice of young people, adolescents and communities and SRHR actors to influence the access and utilization of SRHR services
- To strengthen the delivery of quality SRHR services, information and education for adolescents and young people in Uganda
- To generate evidence to inform effective delivery of SRHR services for adolescents and youth in the targeted districts
- To formulate community action plans to end child marriage.
Expected Outputs for the activity
The engagements will aim at achieving different outcomes per category of stakeholder engages as follows
- Parents : Generation of SRHR concerns and agreed actions to enhance access and ultisation of services by adolescents and youth
- Adolescents and Youth : Specific SRHR needs, challenges, areas of support, referral for services will be generated to inform programming
- Plan a half day engagement with parents to discuss the SRHR issues/concerns and agree on actions to be taken
- SRHR services providers will support identify different SRHR services available and strengthen provision of friendly services to adoelscents and Youth
- Intensified SRHR awareness raising through mass media with support identified local musicians