Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF) is a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) that started as an initiative in 2013 with the mandate of providing holistic programs that address critical needs of adolescents especially girls and young women while putting greater emphasis on ending teenage pregnancy, child marriages and empowering girls and young women to complete school and rise to their full potential. TMF is currently working in 23 districts of Uganda implementing interventions in Education, Sexual Reproductive Health, Mentorship and Economic Empowerment with the vision of all girls being in school, empowered and enjoying their childhood.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Project Field Assistant’s main focus will be to support the Project Officer in the delivery of the project, including the efficient management of the project office in the district. A key focus will be on supporting activity implementation within scope of the project in the district.
The specific roles and responsibilities: a. Project planning, Budgeting and Implementation:
· Directly plan, coordinate and implement all project activities aimed at promoting measures for retention and keeping girls in schools and increasing knowledge on sexual reproductive health rights among adolescents.
· Be alert and responsive to PSEA and child safeguarding risks , acquire relevant knowledge and skills in prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and promotion of safeguarding practices as stipulated in the Code of Conduct, Safe guarding policy and procedures
· Effectively communicate project expectations and deliverables to stakeholders at school, district and community level for buy in/acceptability.
· Closely work with and support project key stakeholders including teachers, Cultural leaders and community leaders towards improving school learning environment
· Facilitate community led campaigns and referrals for SRHR services to health facilities.
· Mentor, motivate and supervise peer mediation clubs, Accelerated Education Learning Centers and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Coordinate district and sub county stakeholders ensuring timely meetings, monitoring and reporting on their progress
· In charge of capacity building training activities for adolescent girls, boys and young women and men ensuring support supervision at school and community level.
· Conduct mapping and mobilisation of communities, adolescents, young women and men and like -minded CSOs at district and sub county level
· Represent the Organisation at district and sub county level particularly at district local government planning meetings, and ensure good and effective working relationships with all stakeholders for visibility.
· Effectively participate in partnership forums , international and national events
· Support the documentation and sharing of knowledge and learning experiences generated from project interventions with project stakeholders
· Timely preparation of activity, monthly, quarterly reports to Project Coordinators
· Ensure timely financial accountability in line with TMF accountability cycle.
· Manage day-to-day administrative function of the field office.
Required Skills and Experience
· Must have a degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies or gender with proven evidence of experience in the required field.
· Must have a minimum of 3 years proven experience in Education and community related work particularly in Girl child/women’s organization.
· Additional trainings on gender, human rights, child safeguarding and community development will be an added advantage.
· Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding license is essential
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Strong capacity building /mentor/facilitation abilities
· Proactive leader, highly organized and high self-drive
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Quick learner and able to prioritize tasks
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and access
· Willingness to travel across communities in the districts
· Understanding local language in project areas.
· Provide day time contacts for at least three referees one of whom must be your current supervisor.
· All applications including a cover letter, Detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of academic credentials MUST be sent in one (1) PDF format file not bigger than 2MB on email below;
· Indicate on the email subject the post you are applying for.
All applications should be sent on Email: email@example.com and addressed to:The Director Finance and Administration,
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation
Plot 97, Mukalazi Road Bukoto
P.O. Box 33389, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 5:00pm February 10th, 2022.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.